Luxurious artificial flowers are a decorator’s dream! For as long as you can take good care of them, they will give you years of styling around the home, office, workplace or even sometimes, outdoors! There are a few little tips and tricks to keep your luxe Parker Road artificial flowers in peak condition, and you only need to do it a couple of times a year.
Fun fact: You can buy an endless range of our artificial flowers online!
Cleaning your Flowers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Hair Dryer
- Warm Water
- Large bowl
- Tea Towel
- Wash Cloth
- Unpack your arrangement to divide and lay out your stems
- Gently give your flowers, plants and leaves a once-over with your hairdryer using cool air to blow off excess dust. It’s best to do this near a window!
- Pour and mix warm water with approximately three drops of washing detergent in the bowl
- After a quick test to see if your colour runs - dip flowers, plants and leaves in water, only a few at a time. Carefully shake off excess water. If your colour does run you can use a damp cloth.
- Wipe down with a washcloth for any textured of hard to reach places. Q-tips can come in handy
- Leave to air dry on tea towel
- For potted florals, you only need to wipe down with a damp cloth
- Always wash the vase as well - you’ll be surprised what a difference it makes!
- Dishwashers are a great way to clean your glass vases and are excellent at bringing back the sparkle
Styling for realistic arrangements
Parker Road stocks the latest designs and highest quality artificial flowers in Australia. The beautiful flowers we provide look so real already, but there is always room to get creative and enhance their effect.
We have brought our design team and florists together to give you some creative ways to bring your artificial flowers to life.
Tip number one – Blow Dry and tweak
It can make such a difference to gently manipulate and pull apart your petals, leaves and stems! Try first with a blow dryer to help you get a natural unfurling of your flowers. Then, especially in arrangements, it is a game changer to use tweaking as a technique. Use your hands to go through what feels right in the arrangement and gently pull leaves out and away from their stem, or to exaggerate an existing bend. Tweaking is also a good opportunity to gently unsettle any dust – which can indicate a faux floral arrangement.
Tip number two – Use natural materials
When designing your arrangement or placing it in a new vessel, try hand tying some twine around the stems. Another idea is to use bark or twigs to give a natural look. Mixing natural materials around you flowers can create a totally natural look.
Tip number three – Choosing your stems carefully
All good flower arrangements have green in them. There are a few guidelines that our florists stick to, but you’ll have to try to make it to one of our monthly workshops for that kind of inside scoop! (Be sure your on our mailing list for updates on these) Try incorporating some artificial leaves next time you’re picking your arrangement.
For more tips and tricks, or to enquire about our monthly workshops with our Florists, join our mailing list, give us a call or visit us in store!
Our next floral workshop is on Wednesday 13th of February, Styling For Your Home.